10/7/08

New York

So, it's super hard to write about this when I don't have my pictures to post on here... but honestly, I'm not sure how soon I will be able to to post them. I need a new computer... one that moves a little faster. That would definitely help.

So New York was a blast. We spent a lot of time with Amber and her family, and did all we could to keep Josh busy. We went and saw Palmyra, and the Sacred Grove... that was really cool. And I wish I had my pictures. It was pretty amazing to be there and think about the things that took place there. That was one of my favorite parts.

Another favorite was going to Niagara Falls! Once again, I need my pictures! That place was so cool! Josh didn't seem to think so... not at first anyway. The first spot we went to got us super wet. Josh was in the stroller, with his big coat on of course, and we went to look at him and he was so grumpy looking! We'd try to get him to smile, and he wouldn't even blink! It was pretty funny. But then we got him out of the water, and he loosened up a little bit. He started getting excited about the water when we were getting ready to leave. Go figure. But that was a lot of fun, and really cool to look at.

Also, I got the wonderful experience of having Josh as my roommate for a week and a half! I would always sneak into his room after he fell asleep, and then hope that he wouldn't wake up until morning. Sometimes it worked... other nights were a little longer. But then most mornings, he'd get up and run to my bed and either start pulling out toys to show me, or start trying to pull me out of bed to go downstairs with him to find Amber or Beau, who were always awake already because Aaron never lets them sleep anymore. I don't know how they do it. They are amazing. It was fun having Josh as a roommate. I couldn't ask for a cuter one, anyway. :)

And then it was just nice to hang out with Amber and her family for awhile. Good to get away from work for awhile, and just life in general. I'm going to have to post some pictures as soon as I get them.

2 comments:

Amberly said...

We're so glad you got to come hang out with us! Josh especially had a wonderful time with you. He's still asking about you at least once a day. "Where's Chelsea?" Too bad we don't live closer so we can do this more often. :-(

Sarah... said...

So, where are the pictures?!? :) I'm kidding...I totally understand the whole computer issue! It sounds like you had so much fun! I bet Josh LOVED having Aunt Chelsea there!