Can you believe this little girl entered the world over a year ago?? I sure can't! She is still my little baby! Just... maybe not SO little, anymore! Audrey is now getting close to 14 months old, and is learning new things all the time! She's the sweetest little girl, and is constantly making us laugh! Here are a few things to remember about Audrey at this age:
Over the last week or two she has decided to start crawling! Still a little hesitant, but she can do it! Until now she has been content to just stay put and play with her toys. If she can't reach something, she'd find something closer to her that she CAN reach! But now she's begun to explore a little bit more.
Also a recent achievement... she has begun to feed herself regularly! Usually she has just opened her mouth and let me put everything in there for her! But now she will pick things up and do it herself... hurray!!
She very rarely cries. This girl is always trying to be happy, even when it is way past bedtime and mommy and daddy won't let her go to bed yet. She'll fuss a little here and there to let us know she isn't pleased about something, but overall, she is one happy little girl! She'll even sit in her crib after naps and just hang out till I go get her... even when it takes awhile. So glad she likes her crib!
She still doesn't do a whole lot of babbling. Mostly squealing and squeaking. Or, "singing", as I like to call it. She absolutely loves music, and will often squeal along at church or in the car when the music is going.
She still loves watching the music on Disney movies! She gets bored after the songs end, but tends to last longer than she used to if I don't change to the next song right away.
She also loves books and gets so excited when daddy reads to her before bedtime. She is the official "page turner" and will sit patiently with her hands in her lap until you are ready for her to turn to the next page.
She currently has 2 "lovies". The first is a knit blanket that her Aunt Jenny gave her, and she has been sleeping with it every night since she started sleeping in her crib. The other is a sweet little ballerina bunny from Uncle Ryan and Aunt Tamara's family for her birthday. She has several stuffed animals, but has not been taken with any like she has been with that bunny! I often see her in her crib, before and after her naps, playing with her bunny. So cute.
She will eat absolutely anything I stick in her mouth. I have never had a problem with her not liking something (except jarred green beans... but I really can't blame her for that one... they were so gross!!). She absolutely loves when we share our ice cream with her, she gets so excited!
Her swing is one of her favorite places. She used to sleep in it before we moved her into her crib. Now she will just hang out in it and needs very little attention. So I'll usually let her swing when she starts getting cranky before her nap if it's not quite time for her to sleep yet, and her mood will immediately improve. :) It will be a sad day (which I'm sure is quickly approaching) when she hits the 25lb weight limit and can't swing anymore! For now she is hovering just under the limit, lucky girl!
She is teething like crazy right now, but is such a trooper! She currently has 8 teeth (I think), and her 2 most recent have been molars. Besides a good bit of drooling and the occasional sneaky biting of mommy and daddy's fingers, you'd never know she was teething! She has her 2 front teeth on top, along with her most recent molar, and then her front 4 teeth on bottom plus another molar. We give her Tylenol on the occasional bad days, but it is sure rare!
She is definitely her own best friend; she absolutely loves playing in front of the mirror. In fact, that is what finally convinced her to crawl! I had to start moving her away from the mirror because she wanted to pull it on top of herself, but she wanted to see herself better, so she started crawling closer to it. If we walk by a mirror holding her and she sees her reflection, we have to stop because she will often start squealing, waving, and sometimes wants to give herself kisses. Definitely her favorite place to play is in front of a mirror. Such a girl, right?? :)
She has gotten SO expressive! She likes to make a surprised face and gasps all the time, and will give strangers funny faces a lot. She thinks it's hilarious when we make faces at her or imitate the faces she makes at us. She also loves when we imitate her squeals. She sure gets a lot of attention... ;)
I'm sure there is so much more to add, but for now that is a pretty good list! Kris and I can't get enough of her and feel so blessed to have her in our family. She sure knows how to brighten my day and I don't know how I went so long without her in my life! Love this girl, and I have the best job in the world!!




0 comments:
Post a Comment