1/7/14

Audrey is 9.5 Months!

Audrey is getting bigger and progressing every day! She is so sweet, to the point where sometimes it's hard to put her to bed at night because we're having too much fun with her! Here are a few things to remember about Audrey at 9 months:

-She finally figured out how to use the binki by herself! I've been waiting for this one for awhile! We can finally stop swaddling her! She used to get her hands free, yank the binki out, and cry because she couldn't get it back in, so this is fantastic! Now she giggles when I wrap her in her sleep sack and she realizes her hands are still free! Happy bedtime!

- She is pretty comfortable rolling, and is starting to try to get on her knees. I think she'll probably need another month or two before she starts crawling though.

- Her "talking" is mostly squeals. As high pitched and loudly as she can get them. Sometimes she goes so high she's silent until she lowers the pitch to a level she can squeal. It's pretty funny, except when we are in church or somewhere quiet!

- I rarely gave her "tummy time" when she was smaller because she hated being on her tummy. She would just scream and scream. She has actually fallen asleep on her tummy in the crib twice now!

- Favorite movie is still Beauty and the Beast, but she also loves some of the songs on the Little Mermaid. She doesn't care for Ursula's song, or the one that Louis, the cook sings. She loves Under the Sea and Kiss the Girl. That Sebastian knows his stuff!

- She loves the Christmas Tree. Any time we take her past it, she reaches her hand out to touch it, so we turn around and give her a second to gently stroke it. Tree is coming down today, and she is going to miss it! :(

- She is definitely smiling and laughing more! This is a big deal, because we have always had to work so hard for just a little smile! But now, I can be driving somewhere and all the sudden she lets out a little laugh out of nowhere! Love love love this!

- She started shaking her head back and forth a few weeks ago, as if saying "no". I try to get her to nod "yes", but she just grins at me and keeps shaking "no".

- She still loves to relax in her swing (which is what she used to sleep in all the time before her crib). It will be a sad day when she reaches the weight limit!

- I've been trying to teach her how to kiss. So I'll kiss her and say "kiss kiss", and then put my cheek by her mouth and ask for a "kiss kiss". She has licked me a couple times, but usually just sits there and grins. One night we were getting her ready for bed and I had her close to my face, and she licked my cheek! Then I asked for another, and she did it again! Cutie pants! :)

There is so much more I can't think of, but I need to get this posted before she's closer to 10 months than 9! ;) We are so grateful to have our little munchkin! She really does make the world a brighter place! We love our Audrey!