4/29/09

Ultimate Frisbee

So tonight Kris and decided that we wanted to get people together to play frisbee. Last year I made an event on facebook every week and designated wednesday nights as "frisbee night". This is how I got to know my wonderful husband! So, lots of people already know this story, but for the sake of posting, and because frisbee is tonight so I was thinking about it anyway, I'm gonna tell the story! :)

So Kristopher and I actually met August 4th, 2008 in the office of our apartment complex. We'd seen eachother around, but never talked or anything. I had just found out that I could stay in the apartment for Fall/Winter, and I was there to sign the contract. Kris came in as I was leaving and asked if I was going to be staying at Carriage Cove. I told him I'd just signed the contract, and he said good, then he'd have the chance to get to know me (or something along those lines). Then I left the office thinking I'd probably never end up talking to him again, but that he seemed really nice (and cute!). But I really didn't think much of it.

Meanwhile, most of the summer I'd been creating the frisbee event. That all started with me getting the urge to play one day, and trying to get as many people as I could together, and playing a small game at a park up the street. I didn't know many people in the ward yet, so my friend Mike was trying to help me invite people. We didn't have the best turnout, so afterwards Mike told me I should try again next week and invite people online in advance. And that I should make it a weekly thing. Honestly, I didn't really know if I wanted to because I didn't know anyone and I'm not usually the kind of person that initiates that kind of thing. But I really wanted to get to know people and get involved in the ward, so I did it.

Sometime in August Kristopher showed up for frisbee. Evidentally he'd gotten an invite from the guy I was interested in at the time. How ironic is that? And so, I didn't really start to notice him toooo much right away because of this other guy. But soon after he started coming every week, it got to the point to where I was fed up with this other guy, and I didn't like him anymore.

Kris and I always talked a little bit when playing frisbee. We just said little things here and there, nothing too big. There was a day at the beginning of September that we finally really noticed eachother. We finished a game of frisbee and everyone was standing around talking, and then I saw Kris sitting by himself in the grass a few feet away from everyone. So I decided I'd be brave. I never made the first move with guys. I always waited for them. But this time I just figured, what the heck. So I went over to talk to him. We just did some chatting for a little bit, then went to 7/11 for hot chocolate with everyone. Then Kris' roommate invited everyone to their apartment for a bit. How convenient. :)

So we went over for a bit, and Kris and I talked and flirted the whole time I was there. As soon as I left his apartment I went straight to my old roommates apt to tell them about Kris, and that I didn't know what to do because I wanted to get to know him better, but I didn't know if he was interested yet. Then I went home, and he texted me! We texted back and forth for almost an hour, but he didn't actually ask me out until about 2 days later.

After that first date we saw eachother every day. He took me on lots of dates, but then there were other days where we just hung out. 3 months later he proposed, and almost 3 months later we were married, and the rest it history! :)


So that's the story! If it weren't for frisbee night we might not ever have gotten to know eachother! Thank you frisbee night!! ;)

4 comments:

Nelson Family said...

Cute story!

Em said...

Ahhhhhh. And now I officially think frisbee is the most romantic sport. I'm glad you posted how you met!

Amberly said...

Yer cute!!!

Miles said...

I almost started to cry!