4/14/09

Night-time conversations

So, I'm still adjusting to being able to sleep through the night. I'm a VERY light sleeper, and the smallest things wake me up. So I usually go to bed at least an hour before Kris does while he has homework or some project to work on. Well, sleep is an interesting thing. I've always wondered what kind of sleeper I am. If I snore, if I talk, if I toss an turn a lot. Well, Kris has all kinds of stories on me already. And most of them are not from when I'm completely asleep, but half awake. I guess he's had some interesting conversations with me, and while I mostly remember them, they don't make as much sense as they did when we had them.

For example, the other night Kris came and asked me if I had a hole punch. I said "a hole punch? Yeah, I have a hole punch", and when he asked where, I started pointing towards a water bottle on the dresser. I don't have a hole punch. I never have. But for some reason I was saying I did. Kris was really confused and asked me again about the hole punch I was claiming to have, and I finally realized that I don't have a hole punch and I was like "wait, a hole punch? I don't have a hole punch." He said "But you've been saying hole punch this whole time!" So, I guess I had been thinking about something else (Even though I have nothing even similar to a hole punch on or in my dresser), but either way it made for an interesting conversation. It made perfect sense to me at the time, but in the morning Kris asked me about the hole punch thing, and I realized how funny that sounded. Maybe you had to be there...

There was another night when my feet were sprawled across his side of the bed. So when he tried to move them, I woke up and tried to explain to him why my feet were over there and started saying all kinds of jibberish. I remember thinking that I really needed to explain to him why my feet were on his side of the bed, but I was so out of it, I couldn't put my thoughts together. My reason for having my feet over there was that his side of the bed was cooler than mine and I got hot. I don't think I ever got that out though. :p

Anyway, sleep is an interesting thing. And I've discovered how odd I can be when I'm dead tired, and someone is trying to talk to me. :) It gets some good storied though! At least, I find them funny...

3 comments:

Mom said...

Chelsea, you're a hoot!

Amberly said...

Ha ha! I love it! Beau and I have had some pretty interesting converstaions in the middle of the night. In fact, occasionally he wakes me up to tell me something totally off the wall and I'm just like... huh? He never remembers a thing the next morning. My favorite will always be the night when Josh was just a few weeks old and he sat up to look over the headboard, telling me the baby was stuck back there and we had to get him out! Still cracks me up! You both must have some weird gene that keeps your brain in overdrive at night!

Chelsea said...

Hahaha... that one is way better than any stories I have so far! Josh behind the headboard. :) So funny!