skip to main |
skip to sidebar
The Hughes Post
6/25/08
My teeth
This is kinda random, but something that I've been thinking about for the last week a lot. So, I got my braces off about 3 weeks ago. My teeth look a lot better than they did. Only 1 problem. I have a tooth (one right next to my front teeth) that is smaller than it should be. Noticeably smaller. It leaves a small gap between my teeth. So, I went to the dentist to find out what my options are to have that fixed up. I found out that my only option is to get a veneer stuck on there for $800. At first I was thinking there was no way in heck that I could do that. Then the dentist pointed out that while people are willing to spend $4,000 on braces, they don't always go all they way and get their teeth looking the best they can. I didn't actually spend nearly that much on my braces. My parent's insurance covered more than half of that. So... that kinda justifies it a little bit. Also, they told me that if I qualified, I could be set up on a year payment plan. Instead of paying $800 up front, I can pay about $70/month for the next year without interest. They checked to see if I'd qualify while I was there, and I do. The dentist also pointed out that the orthodontist made room for a veneer to fit, but if I wait too long then it could close up a little bit in the next year. That means I'd have to get braces again to make room for a veneer later if I decided to do it. While that is a rediculous amount of money, I think I might do it. I'm looking for a full time job right now, so money shouldn't be a big issue. If I wait to do it later, I'll probably never do it. Say hello to a brand new smile!
About Me
My Blog List
-
-
pt 2. grappling for lives8 years ago
-
Bedroom shift9 years ago
-
Life Transition In Process9 years ago
-
Snow!9 years ago
-
Communication Musings9 years ago
-
Mabelisms11 years ago
-
So This is the New Year11 years ago
-
Melodramatic12 years ago
-
My Top 10 Baby Items12 years ago
-
Saying Goodbye to a Decade13 years ago
-
This year has been one big whirl wind!13 years ago
-
6 Months of Claira Jane13 years ago
-
Jade's Princess Birthday Party13 years ago
-
She's just what I needed...13 years ago
-
Nightmares and Prayers13 years ago
-
Critters at the new house13 years ago
-
It's the start of a NEW YEAR!14 years ago
-
In New Jersey.. headed to New York!14 years ago
-
Mill Creek Canyon Downhill - Sweeeeet!!14 years ago
-
It Has Been Forever15 years ago
-
-
background
Copyright (c) 2010 The Hughes Post.

3 comments:
I say, DO IT!! You'll be so glad you did. I know I was! It does seem like a lot of money, but...it's going to last you the rest of your life! And you'll have a beautiful, confident smile. Honestly, I never noticed your teeth before, you've always had a pretty smile to me. But, I noticed my teeth, when others didn't and that's what matters. You should feel confident about your smile. It says so much about you! So, go for it!
I like the dentist's point that it's kind of silly to do all that work with braces and then not go all the way. $800 is a lot of money, but I think I'd find a way to pay for it if it was me. Love you sis!
You are beautiful no matter what....but I will second what has been said, if it makes you more confident than go for it! By the way, do you even remember me? its been toooo long! lets do lunch or something, ok? I have LOADS of time, so whenever you are free we should get together and catch up on some things. Miss ya girl, and think about you all the time. Hope you are doing great!
Post a Comment