This week I've been working on putting together a recipe book. With easy and practical recipes. Things that I can come home from work and throw together rather than things that are going to take hours to prepare. If anyone has any super easy and tasty recipes that they are dying to share, feel free to email them to me sometime. :)
At work last week, everyone somehow got onto a food storage and emergency kit kick. And I've realized how unprepared I am for any emergency. I don't even have a first aid kit. bandaids. That's all I've got. Hmmm... that is something I definitely need to work on. Here is a pretty cool website that is great for this kind of thing: alwaysbeprepared.com. It has some pretty cool stuff for very decent prices.
Also, I'm planning on selling my car sometime in the near future. That will be a sad day. How could anyone not love driving this car?


Can you tell I'm fond of my car? But the problem is, it's too much money to keep paying for it while I'm paying for my student loans. And when the car is worth about the same amount as what I owe for my loans, that seems like the best option. Then I can just steal Jason's lovely car when he leaves on his mission. Oh boy, oh boy!

4 comments:
I think you're crazy to sell that car! School loans are not that difficult to pay over time... and it sure beats the interest you'd pay on any other loan. Plus, with the market the way it is, you're not very likely to sell it for what it's worth. I guess you've got your reasons... so good luck!
Not to contradict Amber, but I was thinking the exact opposite. Good for you! I don't know how much you owe on loans, but coming from someone who owes in the upper teens (thousand of course) I think you're smart to sell it. I'm all about getting out of debt, as you all know! (And I don't know about you but our loans don't have a great interest rate. Our car loan rate is lower than most of our student loans...) Anyway, sorry for the long shpeal!
It's only fair that all of us 5 kids have to experience driving the tractor. Amberly damaged the poor thing beyond recognition by getting into 3 different accidents, I gave it a sporty red stripe across the right side by running into a gas station, and Jason has successfully turned it into a "man car" by giving it that special man smell... Yikes. Good luck with that.
Tamara is indeed the debt expert. I keep telling her she needs to be a financial planner. She's got charts, debt "snowball" engines, blah blah blah. If you can get away with driving the cavalier for a while and save some money while doing it, eventually you can find an awesome deal (like we did -- $9k for a car with only 40k miles on it -- our min payments are only $135/month after our $2000 down payment). Selling your car now when you have something you can drive for free will save you SOOO much money in the long run, especially because just having debt is expensive. We HATE our student loans so much and when we get rid of them it will feel like we are financially free. My advice to any person who cares: do whatever it takes to get out of debt as fast as you can, even if it means selling all your "nice" stuff and getting consignment (which we have done) from DI. We've paid of over $12,000 in debt since June! Its amazing what can happen when you focus, and by our estimates at the rate we are going we will be able to put a $20k down payment on a house within 5 years! Sweet huh!
Post a Comment