9/19/13

Audrey - 6 months

I have been a terrible blogger, and I really do need to fix that. Audrey is 2 days shy of 6 months, and I haven't blogged since she was 10 days old? There are too many memories that I have not written down anywhere. So I'm going to try to be better. Even if I don't have current pictures on this computer to post... that is my typical excuse.

Things I want to remember about Audrey at this stage:

-She is so quick to smile (if it's not nap time), but laughs are very rare. She'll make a coughing sound when she gets excited, and we'll get a rare tiny giggle. We work hard for those giggles, they are so sweet!

-She used to be our amazing sleeper at night time, but was a terrible napper. In the last few months that has flip flopped on us and she naps great generally, but night times are a lot of work. The pacifier is to blame... she has become so dependent on it that she wakes up every time it falls out of her mouth. We are working on getting her less dependent on it, and it's been helping a little. Now we just need to get her comfortable with sleeping in the crib!

-We started feeding her solids about 3 weeks ago. She has eaten bananas, pears, and avocado mixed with rice cereal. She is taking to it really well! Avocados seem to be her favorite, and she's getting pretty good at keeping most of the food in her mouth when daddy isn't home to distract her. :)

-Her favorite activity seems to be sitting in the Jumperoo. She's catching onto the idea that she has control over the movement, but still doesn't full on jump in it very often. She's usually content to just sit and watch the lights that flash with the music.

-Her favorite song is the Intro to Disney's Robin Hood. When I sing it she drops everything to look and grin at me.

-She loves to "talk" to herself. It consists of a lot of screeching. She does a lot of it in the swing when she should be going to sleep, or when I'm pushing her around in the cart at the grocery store. She also does it a lot in the car. It's pretty cute.

-Every time she wakes up from a nap she has a bunch of new knots in her hair. So at least once a day I try to get her to sit still long enough to pick them all out. The best way to do this is to put her in the bumbo in front of Beauty and the Beast. But I have to skip to all the songs. As soon as they are done singing she is done watching until I pull up the next one. Then she's glued again. It usually takes all of the songs to give me enough time to pick out all the knots in her hair.

-I usually try to pull dinner together while she's napping. But somehow she always knows when I'm done and we are about to eat, because that is when she decides to wake up and wants lots of attention. Stinker.


She is so much fun and Kris and I are so blessed to have her in our family! She keeps us entertained, and sleep deprived! We love our little Audrey!


(I will get some more recent photos posted soon!)

1 comments:

Amberly said...

Oh pleeeeeease post more pictures! She is such a doll and I wish I could snuggle her. I love it that she is such a Disney fan too. What a mama's girl, huh?