5/23/11

Zuppa Toscana

I found the recipe for Zuppa Toscana the other day and decided to try it. And I tell you what, it tasted just like the Soup at Olive Garden. It was so yummy, and not too hard to make! A great combo when it comes to cooking. I also threw together some breadsticks, and it was such a yummy meal, I thought I'd share the recipe:


































ZUPPA TOSCANA

Time: 45 minutes
Yeild: 10 servings

1 pound italian sausage
1/2 T red pepper flakes
1 large white onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 T crumbled bacon pieces
8 C chicken broth
2 C water
1 C half and half
2 large russet potatoes, sliced thin
3 C Kale, chopped
salt and pepper

1. In large soup pot brown your sausage with the red pepper flakes.
2. While the sausage is cooking, thinly slice your potatoes, then quarter them.
3. Chop onions and mince garlic.
4. Once the sausage is cooked, remove from pan and put on plate. Then pour onions, garlic, and bacon into the pot. Saute them, stirring frequently until the onions are transparent.
5. Add the broth and water to the pot.
6. Carefully pour in the potatoes. Bring to boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and let the potatoes cook. Should only take about 10 minutes.
7. While the potatoes are cooking, wash the kale and roughly chop it into small pieces.
8. Once the potatoes are cooked, add the half and half and the italian sausage. Cook soup until heated through.
9. Add Kale, remove from heat and serve.


Darn blogger.com keeps messing up the format of my post... sorry if it looks funny!

4 comments:

Mom said...

Could you make some of that for me?!?

Chelsea said...

Haha, we'll have to invire you over next time I make it. If only dad liked this stuff! Dang...

Bethanie said...

Sure wish my husband liked good food.

Nelson Family said...

I found that recipe when we were in Alaska and it saved my life. Favorite! Oh, and I guess I missed the post where you said you were moving your blog..