I have a few more pictures to share from NY. I have already shared a lot of pictures and experiences from the trip, but I haven't said much of anything about the actual internship, which was the reason we went. I haven't blogged about this yet because I wanted Kris to help with this post since it was his experience. However, we keep forgetting, and I'm afraid it won't happen.
It started out a little rough. He left the apartment a little after 8 every morning, and rode the subway for about 40 mins or so to get to work. Then we never knew what time he would get home that night. Anywhere between 9pm and midnight sounds about right. So he would get home, we'd eat dinner, then watch a little TV and go to bed.
Also, the design studio had just moved into a new building, and there was a lot of construction going on, so Kris was pretty involved in the setting up of the new location (which involved a lot of cleaning and running errands). There were a lot of exhausted/frustrated evenings. But he stuck it out and things got a bit better once he got to start designing more. It turned out to be a pretty great experience and he learned a lot, and the company really liked him. Here are some pictures of where he worked:
It started out a little rough. He left the apartment a little after 8 every morning, and rode the subway for about 40 mins or so to get to work. Then we never knew what time he would get home that night. Anywhere between 9pm and midnight sounds about right. So he would get home, we'd eat dinner, then watch a little TV and go to bed.
Also, the design studio had just moved into a new building, and there was a lot of construction going on, so Kris was pretty involved in the setting up of the new location (which involved a lot of cleaning and running errands). There were a lot of exhausted/frustrated evenings. But he stuck it out and things got a bit better once he got to start designing more. It turned out to be a pretty great experience and he learned a lot, and the company really liked him. Here are some pictures of where he worked:
This was his desk




Kris designed this nifty logo for a project
View from the rooftop

Kris was put in charge of a big project towards the end of the internship and blew them away with his ideas and talent. Every time I went to meet Kris at work, his boss would rant and rave about all the things Kris had been working on and show me a bunch of his work. They were sorry to see him leave and only had nice things to say. I'm sure proud of Kris for sticking with it, he did a great job!


1 comments:
Awesome job, Kris! Wish I could do something like that.
Post a Comment